When I was a kid I loved so many sports. I loved playing rough and being competitive. My favorite was softball; I played 1st base for a league in Lyons, Ga. and on Newnan, Ga.’s First Baptist Church’s team. I loved it! They called me stretch cause at 4′ 11″ I would extend myself like those tall girls! Ha! I was going to catch that ball and my foot was NOT leaving that bag! The young girl in this picture reminds me of my days of hanging in a bull pin.
When I had kids they caught my love bug of sports. My son more than my daughter though. Stephanie dabbled in Lacrosse, and Josh pitched in Little League and even got scouted. My boy had one heck of an arm! I was so proud of him! Unfortunately girls entered the picture and he lost interest. Now that he’s married however, he’s on a softball team and loving it again. Nothing like being a part of a team and feeling that strong team spirit and the bond that comes with it. So much learned from such a great experience. Discipline, structure, expectations, punctuality, reliability, hard work pays off, if you want to be good at something it takes practice, and so many more valuable lessons to use in life.
I remember for both my son and daughter supplies (including apparel and equipment) cost money not only for the me as the mom with the checkbook, but for the team organization as well. PearUp.com uses social engagement to offer nationwide teams a way to earn brand sponsorships who want to donate/sponsor teams, but just don’t really know where to. This is where PearUp comes in and connect the brand sponsors with the teams. It’s simple for all parties and a win win for all to boot!
First, a couple of things to note. It’s completely free to participate which means it’s zero cost to you, and no are donations required.
- Sponsors have money they want to donate, but may not know how or where to donate it.
- Pear works as the middleman helping connect sponsors and groups in need.
- Pear helps the group leader create a Pear, then the group leader invites others to join their Pear.
- A dedicated community manager at Pear will help your group get the most money from your Pear.
- Your group earns sponsorship money by creating a Pear for yourgroup and sharing with others who complete digital incentives to earn more money.
- Each group can earn up to $1,000 within a 10-day time frame. The money can be used toward your team’s apparel.
- Each team member completes digital steps on behalf of Safeskin to earn dollars – signing up for email, or following Safeskin on Instagram or liking Safeskin on Facebook.
- For every step each team member completes, they’ll get dollars towards their goal.
- The more tasks you complete, the more dollars you earn for your sponsorship.
- At the end of the 10-day period, group leaders claim an online certificate for the amount earned redeemable at any Pear printer.
- You get to keep whatever amount you earn.
So far, there are more than 1,400 participants and 100 Pears. So, most of you already use social media daily. I know it’s a constant in my day. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram are always up and running in my house. Why not let your social media networking help raise money for your kid’s sports team while you’re socializing?
Please help spread the word about the awesomeness of PearUp.com and show support for the Westland Cross Country using hash tag #SafeskinSports when you do! Or, support your child’s team and create your own Pear for your child’s team!
Disclosure: This post is brought to you in partnership Global Influence. Although I received compensation, all views and opinions are my own and mine alone.